The American Institute of Architects (AIA) and its Committee on the Environment (COTE) have selected the top ten examples of sustainable architecture and green design solutions that protect and enhance the environment. The projects will be honored at the AIA 2011 National Convention and Design Exposition in New Orleans.
The 2011 Top Ten Green Projects, in alphabetical order with links to photos and specs are . . .
About The American Institute of Architects
For over 150 years, members of the American Institute of Architects have worked with each other and their communities to create more valuable, healthy, secure, and sustainable buildings and cityscapes. Members adhere to a code of ethics and professional conduct to ensure the highest standards in professional practice. Embracing their responsibility to serve society, AIA members engage civic and government leaders and the public in helping find needed solutions to pressing issues facing our communities, institutions, nation and world. Visit www.aia.org.
“Green” sustainable woodworking products incorporate materials that are
renewable and or recycled, in addition to having been manufactured with a minimum of waste and pollution.
Woodworking professionals in the Southeast can discuss their interest in sustainable wood manufacturing and “green” industry news with a LEED (an internationally recognized green building certification system) woodworking machinery expert at . . .
Email: Randy Majerus LEED AP at firstname.lastname@example.orgFirst Choice Industrial LLC. 145 Auburn Park Drive
Auburn, GA 30022 678.642.9722
Subscribe to the First Choice Industrial, LLC’s Woodworking Machinery Blog for timely updates regarding good economic news for the woodworking industry.
Related First Choice Industrial Blog Articles:
- Will Wooden Skyscrapers Shape The Future?
- EPA Announces The Top 25 Cities For Green Real Estate
- One Billion Square Feet of LEED Certified Green Building Projects Worldwide: GBCI Press Release
- New LEED Draft: An Excerpt From Environmental Building News
- America’ s Top 10 Green Housing Developments
- Shifting To A Greener Woodworking Business In A Down Economy: A CNBC Feature Video
- Sustainablity of U.S. Hardwoods: Senate Unanimously Passes S. Res. 411
- US Green Building Market Projected to be $71.1 billion | GREEN MATTERS
- Green Building Continues to Defy The Recession
- Briquette Presses: Reducing Wood Dust & Increasing Workshop Safety
- Is “Green” Sustainable Woodworking Here To Stay?