As reported in the Babloa Capital Equipment & Leasing Blog . . . The United States construction industry is showing more signs of growth. Recent statistics show that construction employment numbers grew in 35 states over the first three months of 2012. California led the way with close to 9,000 new jobs. Additionally, the Associated General Contractors of America reported positive employment numbers for the past year.
From April 2011 to April 2012, 22 states added new construction jobs, with North Dakota, Texas, Iowa, Indiana and Arizona leading the way. Many public sectors are experiencing flat or sluggish growth in construction, but the number of private projects is increasing nationwide.
Housing Industry Rebound?
One key indicator that our economy is slowly rebounding is the increase in housing starts. Last month, groundbreaking for single-family homes rose 2.3%, while multi-family structures advanced 3.2%.
Read full article Construction Employment Increases In 35 States by marketing on May 21, 2012.
First Choice Industrial
is a full-service new and used industrial woodworking machinery dealer,
located in metro Atlanta, serving commercial woodworking industry professionals in GA, FL, TN SC, NC & nationwide.
First Choice Industrial, LLC
145 Auburn Park Drive
Auburn, GA 30011
|Sign Up Now! to receive our FREE monthly E-newsletter for . . .|
|• used machinery inventory updates
• new machinery promotions
• woodworking industry news
Also, join us on . . .
- Builder Confidence Rises Five Points in May
- Ninety-Nine U.S. Housing Markets Viewed as Improving in March
- New Home Sales Data Point to Stabilizing Market: Bloomberg News
- Builder Confidence Rises Fourth Consective Month In January
- Number of Improving Housing Markets Rises: Adding 20 New Metro Areas to the List for December
- Wood Industry Leads Way In November ISM Manufacturing Report On Business
- Single Family Housing Starts Permits Rise in October 2011
- Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Market Shows Signs of Improvement
- Weiland Designs Expanding Indiana Mfg. Operations: Creating 120 New Jobs by 2015
- Manufacturing Sector Expands for 26th Consecutive Month Including Wood Products
- Bullish on Made in the USA: Making the case for reshoring U.S. Manufacturing