Ninety-Nine Housing Markets Seen as Improving in March
March 15, 2012 – The tally of housing markets showing measurable improvement reached 99 in March, according to the National Association of Home Builders/First American Improving Markets Index (IMI), released today. Currently 33 states (including the District of Columbia) are represented by at least one market on the list.
The index identifies metropolitan areas that have shown improvement from their respective troughs in housing permits, employment and house prices for at least six consecutive months. The 99 markets on the March IMI represent a net gain of one from February, with 31 metros being added and 30 markets slipping from the list, due primarily to incremental softening in house prices. Notable new entrants on the IMI in March include Orlando, Fla.; Rochester, N.Y.; Columbus, Ohio; and Austin and San Antonio, Texas. Meanwhile, Anchorage; Iowa City; Washington, D.C.; and Jackson, Miss. all returned to the list as a result of recent revisions in their employment data.
Read full NAHB Article here
First Choice Industrial
is a full-service new and used industrial woodworking machinery dealer,
located in metro Atlanta, serving commercial woodworking industry professionals in GA, FL, TN SC, NC & nationwide.
First Choice Industrial, LLC
145 Auburn Park Drive
Auburn, GA 30011
|Sign Up Now! to receive our FREE monthly E-newsletter for . . .|
|• used machinery inventory updates
• new machinery promotions
• woodworking industry news
Also, join us on . . .
- New Home Sales Data Point to Stabilizing Market: Bloomberg News
- Builder Confidence Rises Fourth Consective Month In January
- Number of Improving Housing Markets Rises: Adding 20 New Metro Areas to the List for December
- Wood Industry Leads Way In November ISM Manufacturing Report On Business
- Single Family Housing Starts Permits Rise in October 2011
- Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Market Shows Signs of Improvement
- Weiland Designs Expanding Indiana Mfg. Operations: Creating 120 New Jobs by 2015
- Manufacturing Sector Expands for 26th Consecutive Month Including Wood Products
- Bullish on Made in the USA: Making the case for reshoring U.S. Manufacturing