(Tempe, Arizona) — Economic activity in the manufacturing sector expanded in September for the 26th consecutive month, and the overall economy grew for the 28th consecutive month, say the nation’s supply executives in the latest Manufacturing ISM Report On Business®.
Of the 18 manufacturing industries, 12 are reporting growth in September, in the following order: Wood Products; Petroleum & Coal Products; Food, Beverage & Tobacco Products; Apparel, Leather & Allied Products; Nonmetallic Mineral Products; Machinery; Miscellaneous Manufacturing; Transportation Equipment; Plastics & Rubber Products; Printing & Related Support Activities; Chemical Products; and Computer & Electronic Products.
Founded in 1915, the Institute for Supply Management™ (ISM) is the largest supply management association in the world as well as one of the most respected. ISM’s mission is to lead the supply management profession through its standards of excellence, research, promotional activities, and education. ISM’s membership base includes more than 40,000 supply management professionals with a network of domestic and international affiliated associations. ISM is a not-for-profit association that provides opportunities for the promotion of the profession and the expansion of professional skills and knowledge.
First Choice Industrial,
is a full-service new and used industrial woodworking machinery dealer,
located in metro Atlanta, serving commercial woodworking industry professionals in GA, FL, TN SC, NC & nationwide.
First Choice Industrial, LLC
145 Auburn Park Drive
Auburn, GA 30011
|Sign Up Now! to receive our FREE monthly E-newsletter for . . .|
|• used machinery inventory updates
• new machinery promotions
• woodworking industry news
- Bullish on Made in the USA: Making the case for reshoring U.S. Manufacturing
- Aug. Existing Home Sales Rose 7.7% to a Five-Month High
- USMTO Reports Manufacturing Technology Orders Up 102.9% from 2010
- NAHB First American Index Shows 12 Housing Markets Showing Sustained Recovery
- July 2011 Furniture Trends Survey From Michael A. Dunlap & Assoc. Remains Solid
- U.S. Demand for Hard Surface Flooring Projected to Rise 7.2% by 2015
- U.S. Manufacturing Technology Orders Up 121.3% Compared To May 2010
- U.S. Industrial Real Estate Fundamentals Strengthening
- Wells Fargo’s Annual Construction Industry Survey Reveals Good Economic Outlook